26 August 2009

Grocery Shopping


Now that we are in the dorms, it is nice because we are all settled into a permanent residence for the next half year. Wonderful feeling. I'm not fully unpacked yet, but as you all know I LOVE to cook, so I have already gone to the local grocery store to get some beginning items to fill my kitchen. Bought some olive oil, red wine vinegar, some fresh veggies, a few spices, and other things. Of course since I just moved in, I dont have anything like, oil, salt, pepper, etc...SO my basket became quite heavy. Luckily some really nice French students in our dorms were there to help up carry things home. Note to self...In France...You carry your groceries home. Well, at least I have to because of me lacking a car. DONT WANT ONE HERE. haha. I knew to shop light, but it kinda slipped my mind. I want to start shopping for food everyday. Here in Cergy, everything is way cheaper than in Paris (we are just slightly outside of central Paris where the university is) which is so different from groceries in San Diego. I need to get me one of those canvas bags to get a good baguette, wine, and veggies to carry home for the night. Tonight for my first meal I cooked in France was: spinach and ricotta tortellini (yeah, italian, i know) with a garlic butter/olive oil drizzle. Oh yes...mmmmmm...and some wine. So yummy. Im going to go meet up with some friends after and hang out. We are going to reserve one of the 'common rooms' to have wine and beer to hang out at. ESSEC encourages parties! Reasonable ones, but they want you to enjoy being a student. It is such a nice change from SDSU dorms. "alcohol is the devil!!!"...umm no, not here in France. Quite the opposite. Not too late of a night for me tonight, another international student orientation tomorrow morning all day. Au revoir for now!

bisous


No comments: