31 August 2009

France loves IKEA too!


Today, a few of us went to IKEA. I think you know that it was AMAZING. The deals to be had are definitely at IKEA. I got so many of the things that I needed but was resisting to buy in Paris..too expensive! ARG.... Now I have my french press for coffee in the mornings (mmmmmmm....), dish towels, a butcher knife and a cutting board, and other great things. It isnt too far from school which is nice. Just a 20 minute bus ride. Had lunch there, which is delicious and cheap. Our new friends Dennis and Maria are from Sweden so it was great going with them too. Even Swedes loves IKEA! They are really nice, good friends now. Joanna (from Sydney) and Alison (Canada) came too, they are both great. We had a blast and took some pictures being 'college students' in France. Looking for good deals and meals. IKEA in France has wine and beer! None for us though, we wanted to be on our game for lots of shopping. I was within my spending range that I had set for myself, which made the day even greater. The only main difference we were ALL a little sad about (even the Swedes!)..the Swedish meatball dish doesnt come with mashed potatoes and lingonberry =( just a heaping serving of french fries. Too funny. Tonight, we are having wine in the lounge with our new wine glasses from IKEA. YAYYYY..

Thank you Sweden...we love your stores. Merci!

(From left: Joanna: Sydney, Alison: Canada, Dennis: Sweden)

1 comment:

Mari said...

no mashed potatoes or lingonberries? thats so depressing.