09 March 2010

Art Gallery Opening: Paris


Yesterday evening, my friend Werner from ESSEC invited Leslie, Kristin, and myself to his good friend's Art gallery opening. It was definitely quite the fun Parisian high culture experience. Mingling with art connoisseurs, critics, and publicists....me, just a good friend, along for the ride, loving the experience of all things Paris has to offer. The theme centered around Le Jour des femmes, or the Day of Women which is a big deal here in France.

All the pieces focused on women, whether it be their body, emotions, expression, etc...all expressing the beauty and diversity of women. This week in Paris is Fashion Week...defintely would die for some passes to a show, but I think having the opportunity to attend the opening of a gallery is quite as exciting as well. One day though, I will be inside those fashion shows, admiring the work of so many great artists who come out a few times a year to show their lines and all that is French Fashion....(sorry, total tangent there.



Though, out of the entire evening, one moment sticks out to me...I was speaking with my good friend Werner, a local Parisian I met at school and we got into talking about how I am liking Paris and that it has been almost seven months living in France. I basically responded to him saying....People say there are those places where you come alive, where you can feed on the energy of the city, a place that inspires you....Paris is a city that makes me feel alive.

Bisoux

No comments: