22 December 2009

Transition...


The time that I have been avoiding has finally arrived. Move out here at the residences. I myself am here until the end of January until I move to my new apartment for my next program, but sadly, all of my amazing friends here at ESSEC are moving out and returning home. You know me, I am not the emotional type, it is hard for me to express emotions, but I have told my good friends here that I just feel this hallow feeling inside. Not quite sad, but something else. Yes, the sad and depressing blog entry, but we truly are at a cross roads of all our lives. For a lot of us returning home, we return to our last semester in university and on to continue our career journeys. It is the last time we will be free to travel as we please, do as we please (on our parents' budget =P  ), be a Parisian,  feel 17 again, come home from partying as the sun rises....there are so many amazing things we all have experienced here on exchange that we will treasure forever. Many, many times in the future look back and remember the amazing adventures and all the wonderful people we shared them with and just have a good laugh at ourselves is Paris.

I know we say goodbye today, but I have a strong feeling inside me that knows we will all, at one time, see each other again. Going home is only the beginning of our amazing futures.

Next semester will be new and different, but all the same a great adventure for me. I know it will be fun and meet so many great people. I look ahead with excitement, ready to conquer a new challenge in my life abroad.

No comments: