08 December 2009

Driving...


Every time I see a car that I like here, I really miss driving. Though, I really really love public transit here. Tt is EVERYWHERE and so efficient (most of the time haha). The underground of Paris is honestly a honeycomb of tunnels, rails, stairs, and pathways leading deep under the city to various transit lines. It is just so mind boggling to think about! The Metro in Paris comes practically every two minutes which to me, coming from San Diego having to wait 15min during rush hour for a metro, it is amazing here! Despite coming back home at 5am from a night out to a metro car with puke or piss on the floor, or for that matter, a person passed out on the floor, whatever...it takes us home and is always a good laugh. Ahhhhh, life in the big city. I really do love it. I feel so at home.

Yes, I miss driving.....however, I do NOT miss sitting in traffic on Montezuma or the 163 South to Downtown....ORRRRRRR summer tourist beach traffic on the way to work...The worst!!! Definitely do not miss that haha.

Pros and Cons to everything...I love it. I like that I can enjoy wherever I am. The best part though, is I really do genuinely love Paris.

No comments: