04 September 2010

Inspiration

The ending of L'Auberge Espangole made me happy yet 
made me want to cry. I haven't seen this movie in ages...
after watching it tonight it sums up so much of my life 
in Paris...it is really touching. 
The nostalgia is almost too hard to bear.  
 
'I choose a futur without openings.
                   
I'm going to do what
 
I've always wanted to do.
 
Everything seems simple and clear.          
 
I am not that.   
 
Nor that.      
 
But I'm all that.
 
I am him, him, him...
 
And I don't want to deceive him.                   
 
I am her, her...
 
I am French, Spanish, [Italian], [Irish], [Dutch], [Finnish]...
 
I am not one but several.
 
I am like Europe, I am all of that !
 
I am a real mess !
 
Now, I can start telling you everything.
 
Everything started here
 
when my plane took off                   
 
No, it's not about a take-off.          
 
Well actually, it's about a take-off.                   
 
Everything started here'.
 
 
L'Auberge Espangole 2002
<3

No comments: