27 April 2010

Show Me Some Europe!

Since August when I arrived in Paris, I have had the mindset that I really wanted to do as much traveling as my time and bank account could manage. Now that I am down to the countdown of two weeks until leaving Paris, I am fortunate enough to say that I was able to see so much of Europe, not everything, but a great glimpse into various cultures that make Europe the amazing place it is. Though each time I take a flight or train out of Paris, I always return with a great feeling of coming home. Towards the end of my two semesters here I began to travel less and less (more day trips instead of long 4-5 day trips) because I have really settled into my life here in Paris and well, I have to admit, I prefer to stay in Paris most weeks, as well as giving myself the opportunity to really live my last few months truly IN Paris...I really thought that was important and it served me well. Below is a list of places I have traveled to. If you are ever going to one of them, feel free to ask me about it. =)

Paris, France (Obviously)
Épernay, (Champagne Region) France
Toulouse, France (South of France near Spain)
Carcassonne, France (South of France near Spain)
Chartres, France (Famous Chartres Cathedral and Medieval Stained Glass)
Reims, France (Champagne Region)
Rouen, France (Joan of Arc's execution site, burnt alive as a witch)
Giverny, France (Monet's House & Gardens)
Caen, France (Beaches of Normandy: D-Day Landing)
St. Malo, France (Brittany Region: Famous fishing medieval walled town)
Dinan, France (Brittany Region)
Mont Saint Michel (Brittany Region), France
St. Denis Cathedral (North of Paris), France
Dublin, Ireland
Venice, Italy
Florence, Italy
Pisa, Italy
Rome, Italy
Bruges, Belgium
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hamburg, Germany
Berlin, Germany
Neurenburg, Germany
Füssen, Germany (Neuschwanstein Castle)
Salzburg, Austria
Munich, Germany
London, England
& Transfering flights in Iceland! Hopefully that volcano stops! haha


What a journey it has been...The memories are countless, the adventures, the ridiculousness at times, and everything else under the sun. My time abroad will have forever changed me for the better and shaped me into a new person.

But I must give a lot of credit and a big thank you to my Parents, for without their love, support, and help, none of this would have been possible. Thank you for always encouraging me to challenge myself and shoot for the stars. I Love you.

Bisous.

Aussitôt que j'ai vu la France, je l'ai admirée, je l'ai aimée. 
(As soon as I saw France, I admired it, I loved it)

No comments: