02 April 2010

Hello From London!

Just a quick update for everyone. Currently I am in London for the weekend. Took the amazing EuroStar train system which only takes 2h15 from Paris to London, direct to City Center. Amazing.

Been here since yesterday evening and already I can tell you London is WAYYY different from Paris...*cough*I prefer Paris*cough*...

Had amazing Fish & Chips today with a pint of Ale, which was oh soooo delicious.
I have pretty much hit a good majority of all the hot spots, the only major ones I have left to see are the London Tower and The British Museum. First off, the London metro which they call the Underground is really confusing. Everyone told me otherwise, but I dunno,I am always having to take a good hard look at the map when I take it. Oh well, new system, new city, right?

Went to the AMAZING store called TopMan which is only in London and Barcelona as far as I'm sure. Recommened by my dear friend and personal syle guru, Kristin, I HAD find it, and I did...as well as spent a good hour browsing to find a couple pair of skinny jeans and these awesome high top shoes. Oh! And a cool ring. All under 60£...someone just sent me to heaven.
OH! On that note. Whoever told you London is expensive is on crack. Or just hasn't been to Paris. I'm loving the prices here! No joke. I mean, the only really pricey things are a few of the touristy things, like Madame Touseau's Wax Museum, 25£!!! FUCK THAT. No thanks, saw the same thing in California. hahaha. Westminster Abbey is 15£, just to go inside the church..NO WAY! But I will be paying for the London Tower, oh yes. But food, drinks, and touristy gifts are really inexpensive. I had fish & chips with 2 pints and it was only 11£...Paris, that would be hmmmm let me guess, like around 20-25€. Post cards here, about .30-.45£, Paris: .70-1.50€, robbery! lol. Btw, there is only a .90 to 1 ratio to the euro vs. pound, so it isnt really affecting me.

The only REALLY weird thing for me here though is HEARING ENGLISH! My mind really has crossed over to always buzzing in French and still today, I say Pardon, s'il vous plait, merci, all that stuff! It kind of makes me happy though =) French is really a part of me now.

Alrigty, well I am off to dinner. Someone at the ACCENT center recommended getting Chinese or Indian food in London because it is superb she said.

p.s. I'm wearing my new outfit, I just couldn't resist.

Cheers everyone!

No comments: