20 August 2009

First full, REAL day in Paris





Bonjour everyone! I am journaling this after a wildly long but amazingly full day of walking around what seems like the entire country…but no, it has just been Paris. I feel like there is a ridiculous amount of things to see here! I have only been here for two days now yet I feel I have seen SO much! Yet, with SO much MORE to see. It is kind of nice. For those of you wanting to visit Paris, definitely have in mind what you want to see because every day is priceless when you are only here for a week (this first week before class starts, I have been treating it like I’m on vacation, so I’m trying to be like, whoa! 7 days, lets see it all!) haha. Throughout the year I will come back to all the spots and just sit and watch the world go by.

I started my day today waking up around 10L30am…it felt nice. After walking around all day, this hostel bed feels like a temperpedic mattress! For a hostel, this place is quite cool. Very SDSU University Towers esq. I then headed out to Île de la Cité, which is where Notre Dame is. It took quite a bit of walking around and some getting lost, but I eventually found it! And it was marvelously beautiful. Breath taking really. I took more pictures there than at the Eiffel Tower yesterday! Wild I know, but there are SO many fascets and pilars…and ohhhhh the Stained Glass. Oh yes, I could just stare at it for days. My mom would love it the windows.

We then wandered over to ‘hey, that place looks super cool’ building. It ended up being the Louvre! So funny. The Louvre is MASSIVE…and I mean MASSIVE!! Haven’t gone in yet because of the crazy crowds, but the building itself was amazing to look at and wander around. When you come visit, I will definitely be taking you to the Jardin des Tuileries, which is the large garden (more of a park) in front of the Louvre. It was so peaceful and relaxing just sitting on a bench there. Can’t wait to show you!


After the Louvre grounds walk, we walked over to the Madeline (huge Greek column type cathedral) and right when we got in they were closing, so we had to leave. Bummer! Definitely have to return one day. The best part about the old cathedrals, is they have free entrance just to wander around without a tour (which you can listen in on anyways haha)

So far the day has been exhausting. I had my first real Café experience! Ordered an espresso and just sipped and soothed my caffeine addiction. we look the Métro right in front of the Madeline home to freshen up and rest for a bit before going out to look for food and a drink or two ;) The best weirdest part about Paris so far is the sun doesn’t set until around 9:30pm! CRAZY. We eat late obviously because it feels as though the afternoon just ended haha.

Just chillin’ in bed relaxing, jouraling, and still in awe that I am in Paris…whoa???

More to come with posts. I am thinking of some fun themed posts:

Ex: Every Frenchman looks sexy and gay…but they aren’t…damn..

Ex: A lot of people have a B.O. problem on the Métro.

Ex: Paris, the Living Museum

Just some thoughts : )

Take care for now everyone. This post was a long one…sorry for the novel. But I have so much on my mind!

Bisous,

**Please refer to facebook for lots of pictures!**They should be posted by sometime next week (ish)

5 comments:

MissMeliss said...

I am so happy for your Matt! You are living the dream :) How exciting. I bet you are just having the time of your life!! Stay safe! xx Missy

Oh and PS.. love the post title "Every Frenchman looks sexy and gay.." SO true. Arent those men insane? I have to 'tame' myself every time I go over there..

Enjoy your time in Paris!!

Matt said...

haha, i love it! thank you for the comments! it makes me love posting my journals. BISOUS!

Jen Louie said...

Hey Matt!

So glad to hear you've arrived safe and sound. I'm so excited for you while you travel around France! I just got back from Australia and I'm already having withdrawals...so live it up :)

Looking to forward to seeing your pictures and hearing about your adventures

- Jen Louie

Matt said...

thanks jen!!! Im so happy you loved Australia. I am so excited to start school and meet people! I am loving France so far

Kate Noelle said...

I'm so jealous you're over there!!!!! Loving the pictures... keep them coming!